Rainbow Community Center offers many programs, but sometimes we are our own “best kept secret.” Help spread the word! We need volunteers to:
○ Posting print materials
○ Distributing fliers & brochures
○ Crafting and posting social media (Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, etc)
○ Provide presentations about RCC programs & services
○ Tell others about RCC
○ Commitment to the mission of RCC
○Ability to communicate well in the chosen media (comfort with public speaking, graphic design ability, etc)
○Understanding of the chosen media
○Time and comfort in talking about LGBTQ issues and RCC programs and services without knowing the possible responses
○ Varies dependent on program and media.
Supervision & Support: Volunteers are supervised by Julianne Carroll. RCC will provide additional training and assistance to ensure that the volunteers feel supported and well matched in their service placement.
○ Duties depend on program and media.
○ Ambassadors may drive to various locations to post fliers; craft, review, and post social media; share and comment on social media; or staff tables at outreach events.