Friendly Visitor Volunteer
○ Provide twice-monthly wellness checks by visiting community members in their homes
○ Deliver food boxes to those who qualify, and
○ Refer participants into higher levels of service at RCC if the need is determined.
Requirements: We are looking for volunteers who are
○ Caring and compassionate
○Willing to commit to long-term service (minimum of 1 year, if the match works well).
○Able to lift 30 pound boxes (if delivering food)
○Able to drive to participants’ homes. Must pass criminal background check.
Food Deliveries occur on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays or the Fridays thereafter during late morning through early evening. Other Friendly Visits are dependent on the participant’s and volunteer’s availability.
Supervision & Support:
Volunteers are supervised by Amanda Baronian, Robyn Kuslits, and Kas Shields. RCC will provide additional training on home visit safety, boundaries and ethics, and service referrals. Ongoing support will be provided to ensure the volunteer match is successful.
○ Drive to participant’s home, carry food donations to client door, conduct wellness checks and build social connections with participant. ○ Identify emerging concerns and report back to RCC staff for follow up services.
○ Offer additional RCC services if needed. May involve follow-up phone call wellness checks.</>
Volunteers must consult with the volunteer supervisor before providing rides or other assistance outside of the duties described above. Volunteers should never provide money or financial assistance to participants.